More and more people are using Self Build to build their homes or extensions. Self Build means that you can have a new home or extension that is tailored to your needs and desires as well as achieving significant cost savings. Also, there is a tremendous amount of satisfaction in managing the overall design and build of your new home or extension.
There are a range of options for Self Build from engaging a company to manage the complete design and construction process on your behalf to managing every step of the process yourself. Whatever option you select Vision Development of Newbury in West Berkshire can help you. Here are some tips to help make your Self Build project a success.
Professional Support & Building Trades
You will need access to a solicitor, an architect/designer and a variety of building trades.
Buying Land for Self Build
When buying land you need to check (these may need to become condition clauses in your ‘subject to contract’ offer) whether…
- there are any restrictive covenants
- there are any access issues
- there might be any planning issues
- main services will be available without any capacity issues
- there have been any ground condition problems
Timber Frame for Self Build
Timber Frame is the best option for a 21st century building because…
- it is possible to supply and erect in a short period
- a weathered and secure shell can be established in a short period
- if you are self-managing or carrying out a portion of work yourself it is of great help to have a construction shell to work around
- Timber Frame works out cheaper and quicker than conventional forms of construction
Vision Development has many years of experience in development and construction with Timber Frame solutions. We can always be on hand with advice covering most items relating to your Self Build project. You can contact us by calling us on 0118 971 2181, by email or using our Contact Form.
There is further information on our website that will be helpful to you…
- What is Timber Frame?
- Timber Frame Benefits
- Timber Frame & Self Build FAQ
- Closed Panel & Open Panel Timber Frame Systems
- Timber Frame Design
- Estimating the Cost of a Self Build Timber Frame House
- What is Self Build?
You can estimate how much it costs to build a Timber Frame House using our Self Build Calculator.