We have added a self build calculator to help you estimate the cost of a self build timber frame house.
This calculator allows you to specify the total floor size (across two floors of equal area) in either square metres or square feet. It assumes a rectangular cross section with a ratio, between the longer and shorter sides, of 1.618 (the Golden Ratio).
As well as this you are required to input…
- The number of soakaways
- The length of foul water drainage
- The length of surface water drainage
- The area for the drive
- The area for patios and paths
- The insulation (U) value of the timber frame panels
- The type of roof tile
- The number of dormers
- The outside wall covering
- The number of fitted wardrobes
- The area of wall tiling
- The area of floor tiling
- The type of external doors and windows (wood, aluminium or combination)
- Whether or not a garage is required
There are also a number of fixed costs which we have estimated.
Please try out our calculator and give us some feedback.