Construction work on the self build timber frame houses in Reading, Berkshire has started. The first stage is the groundworks. This groundworks stage prepares for erecting the timber frame panels and covers the following activities…
- Site clearance and levelling
- Construction of the foundations
- Construction of brick and block walls up to damp proof course (DPC) level
- Connection of water and drainage utilities
- Construction of the block and beam floor
Here are some pictures and explanations of the various processes and constructs involved.